Thursday, April 28, 2016

Quick and easy make up for mums in 5 easy steps

Hi there,

Let's be honest, we would all love to get up every morning and look glamorous like before we were mums, but more than likely we have been up three times in the night for either feeds, nappy changes or just cuddles, but I have found a little routine, that is quick, easy and makes everyone think you are sleeping 8 hours every night!!!!

1. The key for me is having a great base too work with and that comes From your skin are routine, which I will be posting soon.

2. Know what foundation works for you. Whether, it's full coverage a BB cream or a little foundation, know what your skin wants.  I am combination skin, oil T zone, but dry in other places. I have always used MAC Studio Fix Foundation it looks great on my skin and they have the range of shades that I need as I am darker than most of the foundation you can get at Priceline. I am also trialing the Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It definitely lasts all day but is quite dry on the skin. Not sure if I like it yet, but will keep you posted.

3. Conceal don't feel, don't let it show. No, I am not just quoting Frozen, but a quick bit of concealer around the eyes to hide those circles is the key. I have used for a while now the Maybelline Fitme concealer in medium.  It is a shade lighter just to help brighten up underneath the eye area.  Then after that I use MAC Mineralize skin finish to set everything in place.

4. Eyebrows. Quick and easy to fill in and shape. The easiest step and can transform your whole face I seconds!!!!!MAC Eyebrow Pencil works great.

5. Blush and mascara. Blush to add some colour in your cheeks and looks like you have out more effort in then you actually have. The Clinique Pop Blushes are amazing, a little bit  And mascara to add definition to your eyes. There are more steps hat you can do to your eyes but let's be real, you have to be there in 15 minutes and your baby just tarts crying.  A quick spritz of a finishing spray, I use MAC Fixplus and your good to run out the door.

A quick and easy look that makes your look put together in 5 steps, and that with a little bit of practice you can nail in 5 minutes. 

Next thing to master is the messy bun do, that looks oh so chic in 5 easy steps, put on some cute studs and your favourite necklace and you are good to go.

 Altogether, the whole routine, hair, makeup and jewelry takes me about 10 minutes. It's ok to take this time out in the morning to make yourself presentable, as it raises your confidence and self worth. Please don't think that I am saying you have to look "pretty" to a be amazing trust me I walk out the door with no make up on and not brushing my hair at least twice a week but I know I feel better about myself after putting a little effort in. If your kids are crying, just let them, you know they are safe and fed and clean so 10 minutes won't hurt.

If you have any tips or tricks that you would like to share that help you get ready in a hurry please leave a comment, I am always looking for new things! 











Hope your having a great day xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment