Monday, June 27, 2016

What I eat in a day

Hi Guys,

So most of you have had a baby know that it is hard to fit in exercise with a newborn on top of EVERYTHING else that we do in a day.  However in order to get in the right frame of mind to be able get healthy we need to start in our kitchen.  Now I have never been a skinny girl, but I maintain that I have been healthy throughout my pregnancy and life, whilst carrying a little extra weight.  I have now found a great daily eating routine, that gives me enough energy during the day to keep up with my chores, produce enough milk to breastfeed Amalia whilst keeping to around 1200 calories per day.

Breakfast:

At the moment while I am on maternity leave I am having breakfast around 7:30 after I fed Amalia.

She sits in her highchair whilst watching Youtube Kids shows.

Porridge:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 lactose free milk
1/2 water
and I pop it in the microwave for 90seconds

Then I sprinkle cinnamon and some honey and also chop up some strawberries and banana to go on top.  I also make sure I have a nice cold bottle of water that I try and drink before I finish my breakfast.  And last but not least I have a coffee. My husband knows that if I don't have this for breakfast he has no hope in me being productive that day.





Morning Tea:

I am one of those people that if I don't eat regularly, I become HANGRY (hungry+angry) not a good combo.  To make sure that I am not grabbing something unhealthy, I make sure that I have a muesli fruit bar with me, ones that don't have any added sugar or even a snack pack of almonds.  Just something so that I am not indulging in that fresh piece of chocolate cake.


Lunch:

Sometimes if I am out I grab a Brown Rice Sushi Roll or a Salad, but most of the time I try to eat at home, because 1. It saves us money and 2. I know whats going in the food that I am eating.

Today I have made a salad, a go to for me, it's quick and healthy,  Sometimes I cook up some Quinoa or Cous Cous to go in it or add some nuts as they have added protein. Today however I had some roast chicken left over so I added that in for the added protein to keep me fuller for longer. Usually though I add a tin of Tuna.  Quick easy and cheap!  The dressing is just a pinch of salt a table spoon of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar.


I always make sure I have a big bottle of water around to make sure that I drink it all day.  I have two of these litre bottles that are in the fridge.  I have one for my morning after breakfast and one for the afternoon. I also have one that fits in my car and pram if I am out and about, because I hate buying water.


Afternoon tea:

This is usually when my chocolate craving hits me and yes I used to indulge too much however I have found a better alternative.  I'm not going to say healthier because it still has calories however not as much.  It's a hot chocolate pod from Aldi, made with my lactose free milk and two mashmallows.  Yummy and warm for these cold winter days that we are having here at the moment.  I may also have an Apple or mandarine as well depending on how I am feeling.


Dinner:

This goes back to my Savvy Mummy Post depends on what I am having for that day.  I do try to limit my carbs at night so that I am not going to bed on a heavy stomach.  I do have 3/4 of a plate of vegies, whether that be potato and pumpkin with peas or salad.  I make sure also that we have lean protein and on Friday nights we have a nice piece of fish.

Dessert.

Sometimes, like on date night we will have an ice cream, or some cake however usually it's some dark chocolate to curb those sweet cravings.  I buy the little packets of individual blocks from Aldi, so that you feel like you have eaten a whole block but you really haven't.  Mind of matter people.

And just to wind down for bed, I have a cup of herbal tea.  I am loving the French Earl Grey Tea at the moment from T2.

If you guys have any questions, or want me to talk about anything in particular, please leave a comment and let me know.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day and  stay positive people.

xoxo Marissa

















No comments:

Post a Comment